Ohio State Central Committee meeting April 13, 2019
members present: Nathan Lane, Anita Rios, Daryl Davis, Don Rucknagle, Logan Martinez, Tekla Lewin , Philena Farley, Austin Bayshore,
1) Review meeting process and facilitation. Nathan Lane facilitated, and Anita Rios took notes.
2) Quorum check- with 8 members present quorum not met
3) Temporary Secretary/note taker- Anita
4) Agenda review and add any additional items
5) Approval of previous minutes. tabled since they went out so late.
There was concern expressed by several members that in addition to the notes from the previous meeting having gone out very late the notice of the meeting also went out very late. The date and time for this meeting were only known to the people at the previous meeting, and the notes (which also contained the next meeting time and date) and meeting notice went out late so several members did not know there was to be a call until the very last minute.
Anita explained the delay with getting out the notes and she and Nathan apologized for the last minute notice.
To prevent this from happening in the future Anita and Nathan agreed to send out a notice of the next meeting immediately after each meeting is adjourned, with the notes to follow at a later date.
6) Treasurer Report, $85 for mailing, $21 for Kayla Lyons t-shirt.
$1730.00 in bank acct,
Got letter from IRS to update our status.
7) Officers Reports- NONE
8) Political Director- NONE
9) National Committee delegates-NONE
10) Other Reports:
Austin Bayshore reported on the following events for North East Ohio
April 20: Kent Environmental Council Parade and Festival; 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Downtown Kent
April 24: Possible Political Science Club Debate involving Greens on Kent State campus (not confirmed yet)
April 25: Anti-War Teach-In, Kent Student Center room 313
April 27: Red Triangle Building Bridges Summit; 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM, The Magalen Cleveland (5203 Fleet Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44105)
May 2: Last Young Greens meeting; Kent Student Center Alumni Suite, 6:00 PM
Anita Reported that Lucas county Greens are going to do a workshop at the Annual National Meeting on the Lake Erie Bill of Rights.
Also, Lucas County Greens are sponsoring an earth day event at a local community garden
Darel and David are planning a community protest to object to the use of eminent domain to seize people's property which many people are concerned about.
Logan reported peace actions regarding several issues that is a joint event on May 4 with other Dayton area Peace groups.
Philena reported she is gathering information for the proposal to have the 2020 GP nominating Convention here in Ohio at Kent State. Austin will not be in the country so we won’t have a point person in Kent.
Philena also reported on the Franklin Co. GP central committee.
Philena believes that Gary Cox has stepped back and nominated Joe Manchick to the Central Committee. Robert Farley & Connie G. are co-chairs. They are planning to do a park cleanup for earth day.
Logan stated he believes Joe is already a member.
11) Petition Campaign public kickoff Nathan will address this issue.
We need 44000 valid signatures, small lift for a lot of people 220 greens gathering signatures need to gather 20 signatures each.
It's our responsibility to take on this project.
We need to have people to:
People to print the petitions,
people to produce Lit re the GP,
(there is lit that can be downloaded on the gp.org
people to validate signatures
Anita will make copies of the petitions and and send them to Daryl. She will also send out petitions and instructions for gathering signatures to anyone who asks.
Daryl is coordinator for the Cuyahoga GP.
12) Questionnaire for new appointees to the Oh Central Committee, to County Committees to national committees: A draft questionnaire was enclosed with the agenda. Tabled to the next meeting to allow members time to review and comment.
Ohio Green Party questionnaire for prospective committee candidates,(4/13/2019)
Thank you for your interest in representing the Ohio Green Party on the State Central Committee, or on your county central committee, or on a committee of the Green Party National Committee. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this questionnaire.
1) Why do you want to represent the Oh.GP on a committee of the National GP, or be appointed to a county central committee or to the State central committee?
2) How did you hear about the opening on the _____________________ committee?
3) Are you familiar with the work of the ___________________________committee or any of its members? Please explain.
4) What ideas do you have for contributing to or improving the committee?5) What GP values do you feel would be most useful to in doing the work of this committee?
7) If you can, please provide the names and email addresses of 3 Green Party members who can provide a reference for you.
8) Have you worked on any GP political campaigns? If so, which? What was your role?