Agenda for Ohio Green Party Presidential Nominating Convention
February 29, 2020
9:30am--Doors open REGISTRATION
Registration will take place from 9:30 to 10:30am, and as needed throughout the day. (Registered Ohio Greens will be credentialed to cast votes for Presidential candidates and for all issues before the convention, other participants will be credentialed as candidates/speakers, or observers.)
1) 10:00 to 10:30--Welcome, introduction of facilitators and Oh. GP Central Committee, agenda review, voting process review, and announcements.
2) 120min) 10:30 to 12:30--PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE’S FORUM
Moderators: Philena Farley and Joe DeMare
Candidates: Dario Hunter, Howie Hawkins, Sedinam Moyowasiza-Curry, Dennis Lambert, and David Rolde.
3) 30min) 12:30 to 1:30— Potluck LUNCH, due to our commitment to reduce the use of single use plastics we will be washing and reusing cutlery. Compostable paper plates will be provi Participants are encouraged to bring a reusable mug/cup.
4) 15min) 1:30 to 1:45 introduction of candidates for Ohio’s 7 Delegate positions
5) 15min) 1:45 to 2:00 introduction of candidates to be Ohio’s National Committee Delegates
6) 30min) 2:00 to 2:30 Keynote address Markie Miller organizer for the Lake Erie Bill of Rights
7) 40min) 2:30 to 3:10 Party Petition training and brainstorming
8) 10min) 3:10 to 3:20--BREAK
9) 20min) 3:20 to 3:40 regional breakouts/ brainstorming/organizing
10) 15min) 3:40 to 3:50 nominate/elect new members to State or County Central Committees
11) 5min) 3:55 to 4:00 Announce results of the delegate election
12) 5min) 4:00 to 4:05 Announce results of presidential candidate election
13) 65min) 4:05 to 5:10 Discussion and test for consensus on bylaws proposals
14) 10min) 5:10 to 5:20 schedule next meeting, thank you, and ADJOURN
5:20 to 5:30--clean up